Not Peter in general, but the story itself.
- Because everyone should be queer. I’m more comfortable if everyone in the world is like me.
- Because his last name is ‘Pan.’
- Because his first name is ‘Peter.’
- Because of Michael Llewelyn-Davies [note: if you have absolutely no clue that is, visit my other post, ‘Who is Michael?’]
- Because he actively ignores all CLEARLY EXPRESSED interest from both Tinkerbell and Wendy. “But,” you say, “That doesn’t make him gay!” to which I say “Hey, shut up.”
- Because he’s on an island full of men, and up until Wendy [who aggressively forced herself on Peter] he surrounded himself only with other boys.
On a more serious note, the original idea of Peter was birthed by JM Barrie’s brother David, who died as a child and thus never grew up. When I think of boys who don’t get a chance to grow up, I think of your young bullied gay boys, who because they took their own lives, will now never get the opportunity to grow old and do things they hate. And I for one won’t stand for it.